In January, LG has announced that its WebOS will get a update. As company announced, the new OS version would be available on 2021 TVs: LED, OLED, QNED and NanoCell. New WebOS update would improve the user experience by adding several new features. The company has decided to move on to better voice commands, better support for streaming services, and improved recommendation mode. The company also improved the home screen, making it more comfortable for everyday use.
Complete list of WebOS 6.0 new features
- Reworked main screen. LG has redesigned the main screen, making it more flexible and convenient for everyday use.
- Quick access to streaming services. LG has improved the integration of TVs with streaming services, now it’s easier for you to access them.
- Improved recommendations with Next Picks. We have an article about this feature, but in simple words that’s a feature, that’s analyzing your preferences and offers you programs on live channels, videos and apps. Therefore, this feature is making your experience more personalized.
- Magic Tap feature. We also have an article explaining the Magic Tap feature but I will explain it in short words. That’s a feature that’s using NFC to let you share your phone content with your TV. All you need to do is just place your phone near the Magic Remote. Also, if you’re interested in LG Magic Remote 2021, you can read this article.
- LG Magic Explorer feature. This feature is something like improved LG Magic Link, a feature that allows you to get information about the content on the screen (like info about the movie, actors, and so on). You can read more about this feature there.
As you see, the list of features isn’t so wide, but the company is trying to focus on improving streaming services integration and personalizing features. I can’t say that there are huge improvements, but would definitely make your experience better.
In case you’re interested in what TVs would get WebOS 6.0 updates, you can check this article.