Nowadays Macs are very popular devices. They are used for different tasks, for jobs, for entertainment, for searching for information, playing games. Moreover, Apple has made everything to let its users feel confident and secure while using their devices. The device’s also loaded with a wide range of interesting options and features.
If after a hard day you want to relax with your family and watch your favorite movies or TV shows, you may use your MacBook. However, it’s often inconvenient to watch something with a group of people using a small screen. That’s why many users wonder about transferring the image to their TV. However, not everyone knows about this excellent feature which may greatly influence your viewing experience.
Why connect a MacBook to a TV
The MacBook is one of the best devices I’ve ever tried. It’s portable, and convenient with a pretty simple interface and many useful features. More and more users every day try using Mac, and of course, in the beginning, not everyone knows about its hidden options and best features.
One of the greatest opportunities that are provided by the Mac, is that you can transfer the image from your MacBook to a bigger screen and enjoy watching your favorite movies and TV shows with your friends and relatives. With this opportunity, you won’t worry that someone doesn’t see the content or doesn’t hear the sound. Moreover, not only on Mac but on other laptops you can get the sound to the TV.
You shouldn’t think that transferring process is very difficult and time-consuming. Actually, you won’t have to make many efforts to connect your MacBook to a TV, as it can be done in a few actions or clicks.
- How to replace the HDD to SSD on your MacBook Pro explained
- How to fix MacBook Air isn’t turning on
- How to use Universal Control on Mac
How to connect your MacBook to a TV wirelessly
This method requires an Apple TV. This’s s set-top box that gives you an opportunity to stream through your regular TV platforms such as Hulu, YouTube, Disney+, etc. This method is much quicker as you won’t need to connect some cables to the ports, the only thing you’ll need is the AirPlay feature on your device. So, if you want to connect your MacBook to a TV wirelessly, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should switch on your MacBook and your TV.
- After that, you should tap on the AirPlay icon which can be found on the MacBook’s menu bar.
- Then, you should see a drop-down menu where you should choose the Apple TV you want to connect.
- Next, you should tap on the Apple TV input on your TV to start showing your MacBook’s screen.
- To complete the process, you can tap on Mirror Built-in Display, which means that the resolution would be the same as your MacBook. You can choose Mirror Apple TV, which means that your TV’s maximum resolution would be used. You can choose Use As Separate Display if you want to carry on using your MacBook screen and use the TV as an extra display.
Since then, you’d be able to enjoy your great viewing experience by watching your favorite content on a bigger screen. This function is available not only from Mac to Apple TV, you can also use AirPlay for your iPhone, iPad, and Mac and any TV such as Roku, Firestick, etc.
How to connect your MacBook to your TV with an HDMI
In case you don’t have an Apple TV or your device’s older and don’t have the AirPlay feature but still want to transfer the image from your MacBook to your TV, don’t worry, it’s possible. HDMI cable can solve your issue. However, you should know about the specifications of the cable and the model. So, if you want to use HDMI to connect your MacBook to a TV, you should follow the prompts which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should plug in an HDMI adapter to the video output port on the Mac.
- After that, you should plug in the HDMI cable to the adapter. In case, your Mac
has an HDMI port, the cable can be directly plugged into the port.
- Then, you should make sure that your Mac is powered on.
- To complete the process, you should make sure that you’ve put the TV’s video input
source over to HDMI.
Since then, you can watch your favorite content on your TV. A wide range of films can attract you and grasp your family and your attention. This method can be used with all models of Macs and TVs.
What adapters should be used to connect your Mac to the TV
To reach success while connecting your MacBook to the TV with HDMI, you should know which adapters are compatible with your model of Mac. Mac computers that have any of the ports that are mentioned below can be attached to HDMI devices:
- If your Mac has an HDMI port, you can attach it directly to HDMI with an HDMI cable.
- If your Mac has USB-C ports, it can be connected to HDMI with an adapter, like the Apple USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter.
- If your Mac has Mini DisplayPort, it can be connected to HDMI with a Mini DisplayPort to HDMI adapter or cable.
Those adapters can help you to connect your Mac to different kinds of devices, for example, to a TV, display, or another HDMI device. When you know what adapters are compatible with your particular Mac, you can easily start the process of connecting.
- How to manage screen timeout on Mac
- How to clear cache in Google Chrome on Mac
- How to view your saved credit card numbers in Google Chrome on PC and Mac
What are the specifications of adapters
Before purchasing the adapter, you should learn about its specification to use it efficiently. If you’re a user of a Mac with a built-in HDMI port, you should know that there are used HDMI 1.4 or later and its specifications are:
- Up to 4K at 60Hz on adjustable Mac models.
- Up to 4K at 30Hz on versatile Mac models.
- 8-channel/24-bit audio at 192kHz, Dolby Surround 5.1, and traditional stereo.
- HDCP-encrypted playback from iTunes and QuickTime Player (version 10).
- HDR on consistent Mac models.
When all the resolutions and specifications are learned, you can start the process which would lead to great time spending. You can enjoy watching some family comedies in a big company.