Of course, watching content with speakers is nice, as you can get a stunning experience with a good sound. However, what to do if you simply are living with someone, who’s going to sleep in the time you want to sit and enjoy some nice content. Of course, you can simply don’t care about other people, but I don’t recommend doing that. The best way out in such a situation is to use AirPods and have the same experience, but only for yourself and not to disturb others.
In that case, there is already a way out, because you can connect your AirPods to the Apple TV and enjoy content with personalized sound right in your ears.
Yes, many people don’t know, but AirPods can work with your Apple TV just like they do with your iPhone, Mac, or iPad. What’s more, it’s easy to connect them and all you have to do is just follow our guide.
Even more, if you’re using the same Apple account as you do for your iPhone or Mac (you’re usually using your AirPods with) the AirPods should pair automatically, but if you’re using another account for Apple TV or automatic pairing is simply not happening, then you should connect AirPods to Apple TV manually.
How to pair AirPods with your Apple TV
Here’s what you should do to connect your AirPods to the Apple TV:
- Put AirPods back in the case
- Take your Apple TV remote (or use iPhone if you’re using it instead the remote)
- Go to your Apple TV settings
- Scroll settings menu down to see Remotes and Devices
- Look in the Other Devices section to see your Apple AirPods (if they’re not paired) or to see them in My Devices section in case they are
- In case you don’t see your AirPods, then open the case lid and hold the button on its back until the light on the front would be blinking white
- After your Apple AirPods have appeared in Other Devices just select them and see how their status would change to Connected
- Now use your Apple AirPods and check whether they’re connected (you can decrease the sound in order to prevent your speakers to scream over all house)
How to use previously connected AirPods with your Apple TV
After you’ve paired your AirPods to Apple TV, they would be automatically connected to your Apple TV when they would be in the proper range until you would disconnect them. If you want to use previously connected AirPods with your Apple TV, you should do the following:
- Put your AirPods back in case
- Use Apple TV remote or iPhone to access the Settings
- Go to Remotes and Devices
- Choose your AirPods from My Devices list
Another way to use AirPods with Apple TV
Actually, I don’t understand why you may need to use another way to connect your AirPods to Apple TV, but I will describe this way as well, maybe someone will find it more convenient.
In the second method you should do the following:
- Go to Settings
- Go to Video and Audio section
- There, select the Audio Output
- The default is usually the TV speakers (or another output method you’re usually using to listen the sound)
- You should go down to see Temporary Audio Output section
- Select this category
- Now, you will the the Headphones section
- Open your AirPods case
- If your AirPods are connected to this Apple TV, you would see them as well
- Just choose them as the temporary audio output method
- In case you still don’t see them, then press the button on the back of the case to activate the pairing mode (hold the button until the AirPods’ indicator starts blinking white)
- Now, AirPods would appear as the available output method and all you should do is just choose them
Well, as I promised, that seems to be quite simple, so you now can use your AirPods to enjoy the content on your Apple TV.