It’s hard to imagine life today without televisions. People gather every day with their families to watch their favorite shows or just to have a good time with their favorite movies. Therefore, it is extremely important that your device is always in working order and that you can operate it without any problems. One of the most common problems with televisions is a broken remote control. For example, when it doesn’t want to connect to your TV. One of the most popular manufacturers at the moment is Samsung. So below you can read exactly what you need to do if you can’t connect your remote to your Samsung TV.
How to connect the Samsung Smart Remote to your TV
The first question that everyone has is how to connect the remote to your Samsung TV. There is a very specific instruction from Samsung on this matter.
- You need to point your remote control at the sensor on your TV. Usually this sensor is located on the lower right hand side of the TV or in the middle of the bottom.
- The second step is to press Return and Play/Pause for 3 seconds. The TV will connect to your remote and you will see a message on the screen that they have been paired.
How to fix a Samsung remote that is not pairing
Sometimes it happens that you have followed the instructions above, but the remote control still does not want to connect to the TV. One of the best solutions to this problem is to reset the remote control. To do this you need to:
- First, you need to remove the batteries. Prepare new ones.
- While there are no batteries, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds.
- Release the power button.
- Insert a new pair of batteries.
- Hold down the Play/Pause and Return button to reconnect.
What to do if the TV does not respond to the remote control
In addition to the remote control, the problem can also be in the TV itself, there are several of the most common breakdowns. Below I will tell you how you can fix them yourself
Restart your TV
Your TV may have just “frozen” due to a system error. In this case, the easiest and fastest way to solve the problem is to reboot your TV.
- Switch off your TV.
- Unplug the TV.
- Wait 30 seconds.
- Connect the TV back to mains power.
- Try turning the TV back on using the remote control.
Do a digital camera test
This way you can check if the sensor on your remote control is working:
- Point the remote at the lens of your camera.
- Press any button on the remote
- The infrared sensor on the remote should flash on the camera so you know it’s working
This way you can see if your remote control is working or if the problem is with the sensor on your TV. If your remote control doesn’t respond to this method of testing, then it needs to be replaced.
What if your remote is blinking red light
When your remote doesn’t work and starts blinking red you can try many different ways to fix it such as reloading your TV using the method above or reconnecting your TV to your remote. If it still doesn’t work, you need to reset it to factory settings, start by removing the batteries. Press the power button for 8 seconds. Insert the batteries back in and use the remote control. It should work.