With the advent of new technology, people started to get their hands on modern gadgets. Some of the most popular gadget choices are Apple products. They produce many models of iPhones and iPads, as well as in their arsenal there are also iPоds. All of these are modern, very comfortable, and high-quality devices. They are suitable for almost any task. You can view video clips on them, read the news, chatting with messengers or play your favorite games. These devices have become our assistants for every day.
It’s important for every user to know the capabilities of their device. Your iPhone or iPad can have many hidden features that you don’t know about. For example, one of the most useful features on your phone is the ability to take a screenshot.
What is screenshot
A screenshot is essentially a captured picture of your smartphone or tablet screen. You can take a screenshot at any time. This is very useful when you want to quickly share important information with your friends or show someone your correspondence for example. You can also use this function to save stories that would otherwise be lost after a while. Active smartphone and tablet users can take up to a dozen screenshots every day. As it is much more convenient and faster than transcribing information from somewhere manually. But how do you take a screenshot on your smartphone or tablet?
How to take a screenshot with the home button
In older versions of iPhones and iPads, you had a mechanical or virtual home button. Previously, you could take screenshots with it. If you have an older version of the device, here are instructions on how to take a screenshot using the home button:
- First, make sure that your device is turned on and that the screen shows what you want to capture
- Press the Power and Home buttons at the same time
- You will hear the characteristic sound
- The screenshot should be saved as a normal photo to your gallery
How to take a screenshot without the Home button
In newer versions of iPhones and iPads, Apple decided to remove the home button to make their devices as frameless as possible. This started with the iPhone X and continues until today. But how do you take a screenshot on a device like this? The company has slightly changed the activation of this function, to take a screenshot, you now need:
- Make sure your device is turned on and the screen shows what you want to capture
- Press the power button and the volume up button on the left side simultaneously
- You will hear a characteristic sound.
- The screenshot should save as a normal picture to your gallery
How to take a screenshot without buttons at all
Some people may not be comfortable pressing 2 buttons to take a screenshot. For this purpose, the iOS system has a feature called AssistiveTouch. AssistiveTouch is a feature that allows you to do many common tasks in alternative ways, rather than pressing buttons or swiping the screen. Here’s how to take a screenshot with AssistiveTouch:
- Open Settings and click on “Accessibility“
- Tap “Touch” and then “AssistiveTouch” to enable this option
- Select “Double-Tap” and put “Screenshot” on it
- Then you only need to double-tap the digital AssistiveTouch button to take a screenshot
This way you can take a screenshot without even touching the buttons, just using your screen. It’s very fast and convenient.