Amazon’s Fire Stick is a great device for those who don’t have a Smart TV. Using this device will give you access to all streaming platforms on almost any TV.
What makes this set-top box even more amazing is that despite growing competition from Google, Apple, and Roku, their Fire TV lineup continues to be one of the best ways to stream movies, music, TV, and more.
How Amazon Fire Stick can rival Smart TV explained
As said above, this device is a great and easy way to meet all your needs in accessing streaming platforms and watching the content available there.
In fact, if you have to choose between buying a Smart TV or this set-top box, it’s much more advantageous to take the Amazon Fire Stick because the functionality of the devices, in general, is the same. You’ll get the same as with Smart TV, but at a much more affordable price.
Of course, the key element of using this set-top box is the remote control. If you lose the remote, or it breaks, watching Netflix may seem impossible. However, this isn’t entirely true.
Before you start to read about how to set up your Fire Stick, it’ll be useful to know what options you have to replace a remote. As with missing Smart TV, there are many other options for replacing the remote as well. More on that below.
How to control Amazon Fire Stick with Amazon’s Fire TV app
The obvious way to replace a broken or lost remote is to install Amazon’s Fire TV app on your phone. This app is available for both iOS and Android. Using it, you get all the controls you can get with a standard physical remote.
It’s even more convenient than the standard remote. The fact that with it, you can use the keyboard and the microphone of your phone to type, rather than select the letters on the keyboard located on the screen of your TV. To configure the app, do the following:
- First, download the Fire TV app to your smartphone or tablet. In your device’s store, enter the app name in the search box and go to the app page. Click the download button.
- Turn on your set-top box.
- Once you install the app, connect your phone and set-top box to the same network.
- When you’re sure that your phone is connected to the needed Wi-Fi network, open the app and select Fire Stick in the “Available Devices” screen.
- You’ll see a code on your TV screen. Enter it on your phone in the appropriate field.
By following the steps above, you’ll be able to control the Fire Stick directly from your phone. It’s fast, easy, and the best way to replace a missing remote control.
How to control Amazon Fire Stick with Echo or Echo Dot
Rather than buying a new remote, another way to control the Fire Stick is with the Echo device. If it’s connected to your Amazon account, you can use Alexa to monitor and control the Fire Stick with your voice. Here’s how to set it up:
- Install the Alexa app on your phone if you haven’t already. To do this, go to the store on your phone and enter the name of the app in the search box. From the search results, select the one you want and go to its page. Click on the download button.
- Open the app on your phone.
- Then select the “More” tab at the bottom of the display.
- After that, go to “Settings”.
- Under “Alexa Settings”, select “TV & Video”.
- From the list of options, select “Fire TV”.
- Tap “Link Alexa Device” then follow the setup instructions to link your gadgets together.
You can also use this menu to link individual service providers. These include Prime Video, Hulu, NBC, and others. These skills allow you to use the commands for specific services, not Fire TV as a whole, and are worth setting up for the services you pay for each month.
How to setup your Fire TV after you connected control device
Once you have decided how you want to control the Fire TV Stick instead of the remote control, you can configure your set-top box.
To do this, you’ll need to follow the instructions on the screen. You’ll need to select the language, network, and a set of apps step by step. If you fulfill all the requests, you’ll be able to configure the set-top box in the best way for you.