Vizio TV’s a great choice for those who prefer simplicity and features to something extraordinary. The developers have filled the TV with some great features like subtitles. The subtitles can be helpful for a wide range of people. These are the words that are written at the bottom of the picture and show dialogues between actors, background noises, and sound effects.
Even though, the feature’s widely used by people with hearing problems or by those who try to practice the new language, the subtitles may still annoy some users. Many people accidentally enable the feature and then try to find a way to get rid of it. Fortunately, there are several ways to disable the subtitles on your Vizio TV.
How to get rid of the subtitles on Vizio TV
Modern TVs are created in a way to satisfy the users’ needs. That’s why the developers have provided many useful features on the TV from casting the content from another device to an opportunity to read the text of the events that are displayed on the screen. The last is called the subtitles. They are helpful. For example, in case you watch your favorite movie and the actors are talking too quietly, the subtitles can give you an opportunity to understand what’s going on properly.
However, with such a huge amount of different features, users may get confused with using it. That’s why it’s not weird that many users get confused with such a huge range of features and often don’t know how to get rid of them. By the way, you shouldn’t worry about that, as not only Vizio TV users want to get rid of the subtitles, but LG TV, Sony TV, TCL TV, etc users also.
- Why do you see closed captioning instead of subtitles on your Vizio TV
- How to zoom out on Vizio TV explained
- How to connect AirPods to Vizio TV explained
How to disable the subtitles on Vizio TV via the remote control
All the TVs initially come with remote control. Vizio TV, Sony TV, LG TV, Samsung TV, etc, all of them should be paired with a remote control to be able to fully manage your device.
In case you’ve never lost your initial remote control, it means that you have that one that came with Vizio TV. There you should see the “CC” button. This button is used to switch off or on the subtitles, depending on the current condition of the feature. To do that, you should just press it. However, the location of this button can slightly vary depending on the model of your Vizio TV and the remote control, or, it can be completely absent in case you have the Universal Remote model.
Basically, Vizio TVs have the same principle of managing the subtitles as any other TV. However, in case your remote control is Universal, don’t worry there are still some methods of managing this feature without the “CC” button.
How to disable the subtitles on Vizio TV vis the Settings
Even though there are plenty of useful options that can be provided by the subtitles, some users still want to get rid of them. In case, you don’t have the “CC” button on your remote control, you still can use it to get to the Settings of your device and disable the subtitles from there. So, to do that, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should switch on your Vizio TV.
- After that, you should press the “Menu” button on your remote control.
- Then, you should head to the “HDTV Settings” tab.
- To complete the process, you should click on the “CC” option. There you’ll see the Digital or Analog CC, you should click and disable them.
Since then, there would be no more text displayed at the bottom of the screen while watching the content, and you’ll be able to watch your favorite movies without the subtitles as Fubo users can.
How to adjust the Digital CC
Even though you want to get rid of the subtitles completely, maybe you just don’t know that they can be customized. New Vizio TVs use the Digital version of CC instead of the Analog ones. The Digital CC can be customized. So, it means that you can change the size, color, etc based on your own desires. So, to do that, you should follow the prompts which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should switch on your Vizio TV.
- After that, you should tap on the “V” or “Via” buttons on your remote control.
- Then, you should head to the “HDTV Settings” section.
- Next, you should open the “Digital Closed Captioning” tab.
- After that, you should tap on the “Custom caption” option to adjust your subtitles.
- To complete the process, you should choose the desired color and size of the text.
Since then, the subtitles would be adjusted depending on your needs and this may prevent you from completely getting rid of them. After using this method, you can see that the subtitles may be not distracting and quite useful.
- How to fix Vizio TV isn’t turning on
- How to pair iPhone to Vizio TV
- What’s the difference between subtitles and captions
Why you may still see the CC on your Vizio TV
here are some cases when even though the users have disabled the subtitles, but still have the text below the image displayed. There are 2 variants, you may have the CC still switched on as there are some differences, or the subtitles are cast from another device. Fortunately, you can check that. To do that, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open the Settings of the connected device.
- After that, you should look at whether the subtitles are disabled.
- If the subtitles are stills switched on, to complete the process, you should switch them off.
Since then, there should be no more subtitles shown on your screen while watching your favorite content. So, you may admire the free text screen and enjoy watching your favorite movies and TV shows with your family and friends.