When using Apple Maps, you’ll likely often start from your home address. The app uses the address entered in your personal contact card, in order to identify your home address
But what happens if you move? Though the app can detect your location, it won’t know when your home address has changed. It will continue to use your previous address as home. Therefore, you’ll need to update the details on your contact card. The information below will help you to understand how to change your home address for more efficient directions in Apple Maps.
How to change Home Address on iPhone by changing My Card
It’s very simple to change your home address on My Card. To do that, you should do some several steps which are mentioned below:
- First of all, you should open your Contacts App.
- After that, you should find My Card at the top and tap on it.
- Then click on Edit and change your address which is already filled in
How to change Home Address on Google Maps iPhone
Google Maps is a very popular service that is in commonly used by both Android and Apple users quite often. In comparison, you won’t be able to directly change your home address, but if you use Google Maps, you may do that after you follow a few simple steps:
- First, you should open Google map on your iPhone.
- After that, you should click on Saved , then on Labeled which is located under Your lists.
- Then, select the Edit Home.
- Next, your current address must be deleted and your new home adress must be filled in.
How to change Home Location by modifying Apple ID address
How to edit home location on iPhone? The next method is simple enough. It’s based on changing it via updating your Apple ID to a new country or region. But before that, you should make sure you’ve used all of your Apple ID balance and subscriptions. Otherwise, you’ll lose them. And some of your payments and apps may not be supported in another place. The steps below will help you to deal with this method:
- At first, you should open the Settings from your iPhone.
- Then, in order to find iTunes and App Store, you should scroll down.
- After that, you should tap on View Apple ID.
- Then, you should select Country/Region on Accounts. And then tap on your new location.
- Review the change and accept Terms & Conditions.
How to change your home in Contacts from Maps
If your current location is the existing Home address for the app, you can change by following the steps below:
- At first, you should click the arrow next to the search box at the top to Show Your Current Location.
- The, you should tap on the Info icon (small letter “i”) next to Home on the map.
- After that, you should choose View Contact above your address.
- Continue with the steps in the section above to change your home address on your Contacts card.
How to save and delete Favorite Places on Apple Maps
As it’s mentioned, your home address cannot be directly changed by Apple Map, but your preferred addresses can be added to your Favorites. It also provides you the opportunity to save and delete places. You can save your favorite places in your Favorites list and can quickly navigate through them on a search card.
How to add a Favorite place
- Scroll down from the top of search card to see Favorites.
- Tap Add on the right, enter and choose your desired address on the search bar.
- Rename the location if you want to. Then click Done.
How to delete a Favorite place
- Tap on the See All above from the Favorite row.
- Hold the place you want to delete and swipe left.
iPhone change home address can be tricky and sometimes we feel it so difficult to get over with, but the information above will help to cope with it.