When you shared your Wi-Fi with other Apple devices, you weren’t supposed to tell them your password. This was only possible with third-party apps, but now with the arrival of iOS 11, Apple has made it easy to share a WiFi password from an iPhone to another iPhone, an iPad, or any Mac computer running macOS Sierra or later. This article will cover how to share a Wi-Fi password using the iPhone.
However, to start this procedure, you should give your Apple ID to the person you want to share your Wi-Fi with. You can find your Apple ID is here. After you find out your Apple ID, go to contacts, click Edit in the top right corner, and add your Apple ID under the contact name’s email address.
How to share WiFi from your iPhone to Mac
Here you can read a detailed guide on how to share Wi-Fi with Mac via iPhone:
- Unlock your iOS device
- On your Mac, click the Wi-Fi icon in the menu bar
- Click the network you want to join
- On your iPhone, tap Share Password
- Your Mac should now connect to the network
Is it possible to share a Wi-Fi password to computer
If you have an iPhone or iPad, you can easily share your Wi-Fi password by following the steps mentioned above. However, if you plan to share your password if you have an Android tablet or phone, or you’re using a Windows-based computer, sadly it will be impossible.
The only way to do this is to find the password on your device and enter it manually.
So, basically, these methods only work with iOS devices, but not Android phones or tablets. You also have to share both devices’ Apple IDs and save them in the other device’s Contacts.
How to AirDrop your Wi-Fi password
Unfortunately, it’s not possible to AirDrop your Wi-Fi password, however, you can AirDrop other passwords by following an easy step-by-step guide. Here’s how to do it:
- On your iPhone, tap Settings
- Select Passwords
- Enter your iPhone’s password or use TouchID or FaceID to log in
- Find the password you wish to AirDrop
- Tap the Share icon
- Then choose the device you wish to AirDrop to in order to share
And that is how to share your Wi-Fi password via AirDrop easily and fast.
What to do when iPhone WiFi sharing isn’t working
This instruction will help you if you have problems with sharing your Wi-Fi password via iPhone:
- Restart the iPhone and another device
- Make sure that both devices have the most recent software updates. To update your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Software Update > Download and Install. If you don’t see the option to download and update, your iPhone is up to date
- Disconnect from the WiFi connection and then rejoin. To do this, go to Settings > WiFi and tap on the network name. Tap the letter “i” icon and then tap “Forget this Network.” Once that’s done, rejoin the network and type into the password
- Reset the network settings on your iPhone. To do this, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
- Finally, try to reboot the router
Hopefully, these methods will help you share your Wi-Fi password with other Apple devices. So you can now share your Internet access with your friends and acquaintances without spending much time and resources on downloading third-party programs. If you’re still unable to connect other devices to a shared Wi-Fi network, it’s worth checking to see if there are any problems with your Internet connection or the software on other devices.