When playing a game, we all want to enjoy it to the fullest. And trimmed edges in a game are certainly not what you want. In order to prevent this from happening, you need to have the right screen size.
Often, the Xbox One ne automatically detects the display resolution of the display device to which it is connected. But there are also cases where the console has incorrectly detected the resolution of the displays. In this case, the edges of the image may be cut off.
To correctly set the display resolution of the display device, you can do it manually. For this purpose, you need to use the built-in Xbox program. With it you can quickly and easily calibrate it.
Adjusting the display resolution
You can use the calibration method, it doesn’t take you long, all you have to do:
- Open a pop-up window by pressing the Xbox button on the gamepad.
- Find the gear icon and click on it to go to the System tab.
- Swiping down a little bit you can find the Settings tab, which also has a gear icon. Go to Settings.
- On the settings screen that appears, click the General tab. This tab will be located first.
- Next, select “TV and Display Settings”.
- You need to make sure that you have the highest resolution of your TV set. Most likely it is 1080p, but some televisions support 4K.
- Then press “Calibrate TV”.
- Carefully read the on-screen instructions and follow the steps indicated. Then click Next to continue.
- All of the recommended settings for your TV will be described on the next screen. It also tells you about the resolution of your TV. Click Next after reading this.
- Study the instructions that appear on the next screen that tell you how to adjust the screen’s aspect ratio and sharpness. On some televisions instead of “aspect ratio” it may be called “picture size”. Next, take your TV remote control and use it to open the TV settings. After opening the settings, you need to adjust the screen so that the green lines are visible at the edges.
- Next, the brightness information of your TV will be highlighted. Follow the instructions on your screen and complete the calibration.
If you don’t have access to, or simply don’t have a remote control for your TV, you can get by without one. You’ll have to use the buttons on the TV itself. Use these to access and also to change the TV settings.
If you don’t know where these buttons are located, use your TV’s manual or instruction manual to get the information you need.
After completing all the steps, your screen will be the right size. You will be able to fully enjoy your time on the Xbox One.