Virtual reality headsets are just starting their way into the gadget market for ordinary people. A substantial contribution to this has been made by the VR headset Meta (Oculus) Quest 2. It’s inexpensive, doesn’t need additional motion-tracking modules in your room, and is powerful enough to run your apps from the Oculus store, connects it to your PC, and runs full-fledged games on your VR Headset. And it’s wireless and can stream the picture wirelessly to your PC or even your Samsung TV.
However, many Samsung TV users don’t understand how to stream images from Oculus Quest 2 to their TV. Nothing is complicated about it, and I have found as many as four ways you can mirror the picture to your Samsung TV. You can use AirPlay or Chromecast to do this. So if you use a Samsung smartphone or tablet, you can use the Samsung SmartThings app or connect to your PC and then connect your PC to the Samsung TV using HDMI. Let’s break down each of these methods separately.
How to cast Oculus Quest 2 to Samsung TV using a PC
First, I suggest you understand how you can stream a picture from Oculus Quest 2 to your Samsung TV using your computer. This is the easiest way for you can use to stream the image from your VR headset to your Samsung TV screen.
You need to download the official Oculus app from this link. Then you can connect your headset to your computer via wire or AirLink. You will find instructions for doing this inside the app. Once you have completed the connection, your Oculus Quest 2 will be considered an input device on your PC. The VR headset image will be automatically transmitted to the connected PC monitor.
Then all you have to do is to take an HMDI cable and connect your PC to the Samsung TV with the HDMI connector. Press the Source button using the remote control and select the desired port on your Samsung TV. This way, you can output the picture from any PC or laptop. The downside of this method is that you will probably have to use wires for a fast connection without delays or lags.
How to cast Oculus Quest 2 to Samsung TV using Chromecast
Most Samsung TVs have built-in Chromecast technology, which allows you to mirror the picture from your Android smartphone or tablet to your Samsung TV. If you don’t have this feature, you can buy a Chromecast device for $20 to $30. Oculus Quest 2 has the same function because its operating system is similar to Android. This means you can stream your VR headset directly to your Samsung TV over the air. To do this, you need the following:
- If your Samsung TV doesn’t have Chromecast, then connect the Chromecast device to your Samsung TV.
- On your Oculus Quest 2, press the Oculus button.
- On the home menu, select the Share button.
- Here you need to click on Cast and select Cast to Chromecast.
- From the list, select your Samsung TV.
This method only requires you to connect the Samsung TV and Oculus Quest 2 to the same Wi-Fi hotspot. Also, it would be best if you understood that, in this case, you need a quality router that can transmit large amounts of data without interruption so that the signal between Samsung TV and Oculus Quest 2 remains clear.
How to cast Oculus Quest 2 to Samsung TV using AirPlay
On the other hand, if you use an Apple device, you don’t need to use Chromecast. However, the iPhone and iPad have a similar feature called AirPlay. It allows you to mirror the screen of your iPhone or iPad to a Samsung TV or any other device that supports AirPlay. In this case, you first need to connect the Oculus Quest 2 to your Apple device and display the image on the Samsung TV. To do this, you’ll need to:
- Download the Oculus app to your Apple device.
- Press the Oculus button on your controller.
- Then select the Share button.
- From the drop-down menu, select Cast To Oculus App.
- Open the Oculus app on your mobile device and sign in to your account.
- Once you have connected your device to the app, you need to open the Control Menu and click on the Screen Mirroring button.
- In the list of devices, select your Samsung TV.
Please note that in this case, you will likely encounter a noticeable delay in displaying the image on the Samsung TV. This will be because the picture passes through three devices. It would be best if you also had your iPhone, VR headset, and Samsung TV in the same wireless network.
How to cast Oculus Quest 2 to Samsung TV using the Samsung SmartThings app
Also, if you use a Samsung tablet or smartphone, they have a unique feature that allows you to mirror the image from your smartphone to their Samsung TV. It’s called SmartThings, and you can send images from Oculus Quest 2 to your Samsung TV. To do this, you need to:
- Install SmartThings and the Oculus app on your Samsung TV.
- In the SmartThings app, find your Samsung Smart TV.
- Then on the Samsung Smart TV itself, select Settings.
- Here, go to More Options.
- Click on the Mirror screen or Smart View in the list and select Start.
- Then confirm your action, and the picture from your Samsung device will be sent to your Samsung TV.
- Press the Oculus button on the controller to display the VR headset picture.
- Then select Share.
- In the open menu, select Cast and then Cast To Oculus App.
Note that this method only works with Samsung smartphones or tablets and Samsung TVs. Also, you are likely to encounter a slight delay here.