For ages, the TV developers have presented the remote controls which were convenient to use and run the TV. There were buttons for each feature displayed on the remote control. So you didn’t have to make some special efforts to manage your TV. If you look at the old remote controls, you’ll see that there were all options from the volume to change the input.
However, nowadays, when more and more users start to use Smart TVs, they start to notice that not all options can be run by the remote. In this case, especially Sony TV users may get confused about options, for example, changing the source, as the button is almost “hidden”. However, there’s a solution, you can do that without the remote control.
How to swap the input source on Sony TV
You can’t even imagine how knowing the opportunities of your TV inputs can greatly influence your viewing experience. Inputs can be used for different reasons. They give you an opportunity to stream and experience the content which hasn’t been initially available on your TV. Moreover, it’s also possible to use your Smart TV as a bigger screen for gaming, as you can connect your gaming consoles.
Actually, changing the sources is available on all TVs, such as Samsung, LG, Vizio, Sony, etc. When you find out how to use the inputs, you would be astonished what the great potential of your TV would be released. So, as you can see, whatever the problem is, the developers have cared about their users and made everything for the convenience of the customers.
So, if you want to change the source of your Sony TV you can do that even without the remote, as there can be different cases, for example, there’s just hard to find the button, or you may also leave the remote control somewhere.
- How to change input source on Hisense TV without remote
- How to change the input source on Samsung TV without remote
- How to change the source on LG Smart TV
How to use a phone as a remote control for Sony TV
If your remote control has been lost or just stopped to work, you can buy a new one if you prefer to use it. In the other case, there’s an opportunity to use your smartphone as a remote control. To my mind, it’s much more convenient as your phone’s always with you. So if you want to turn your phone into a remote control, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should open your app store and type in the search field “Sony remote“.
- After that, you’ll see the list of apps available. From this list, you should choose the Sony-compatible one. The most common ones are “Sonymote” and “Remote control for Sony“.
- Then, you should click on the app and tap on the “Install” option.
- Next, you should open the app after it would be installed. Make sure that your smartphone is connected to the same WiFi as your TV.
- To complete the process, wait till the app would find your TV and click on it.
Using your smartphone instead of the real remote is very convenient. Even the button layout is the same as on real remotes. If this method isn’t suitable for you, don’t worry, there’s an alternative.
How to run your TV with the buttons on it
As technologies are developing nowadays, we have more opportunities than before. The same thing’s with the set of buttons that are presented on the TV. So, before we could use the smartphone as a remote control, people used the buttons on the TV which corresponded to the same buttons on the remote control. If you’ve got an old model of the TV, you may find them below the screen next to the power button. New models have changed the location to the backside of your TV.
Despite the fact that many TVs, for example, Samsung ones, have only 1 button that can be used to control the TV, Sony TVs have 3 buttons. You can see the power, plus, minus buttons.
Those buttons can be used to fully control your TV. So the developers have cared to locate them in an accessible enough place. Sometimes you can even solve some issues using them. However, if you didn’t fix an issue, you can try to reset your Sony TV.
How to use an app on your smartphone to change the input on your Sony TV
Using the smartphone instead of the real remote control is a great idea. It’s better as you can always do some manipulations with your TV in a few clicks. Moreover, your phone is always with you, so you won’t need to spend time on searching for it. So if you want to change the input source of your Sony TV, you should follow the steps which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should connect the remote control app to your TV.
- After that, you should switch on your Sony TV, of course, it can be done without the remote.
- Then, you should click on the “Input” option. The location of the button can vary depending on the app you’ve got installed.
- Next, you should head to the cross of the layout of your app remote control and select the input device in the displayed list.
- To complete the process, you should confirm your choice.
Since then, the input would be changed and you’ll be able to enjoy your favorite content on your Sony TV. However, sometimes, you may face annoying ads that may spoil your opinion. Don’t worry, it’s possible to disable the ads on Sony TV.
- How to turn off subtitles on Sony TV
- How to turn on Demo Mode or Store Mode on Sony TV
- How to get Sony TV out of Demo Mode or Store Mode
How to change the input source on your Sony TV with its buttons
In case you aren’t satisfied with the remote control app, or you just find it more convenient to use the built-in buttons on your Sony TV to run it, you can also change the input source using those buttons. So, if you want to do that, you should follow the prompts which would be mentioned in the section below:
- First of all, you should click on the power button when the TV would be switched on.
- After that, you should see a menu of actions displayed. There, you should tap on your power button to choose the input tab. There are two ways how to do that, just toggle the button in the way of the tab, or just press it to get to this tab.
- Then, you should click and hold the power button to open the input menu.
- Next, you should choose your new input source. To do that, you’ll need to use the stick.
- To complete the process, you should confirm your choice. To do that, you should click and hold the power button.
Keep in mind, in case there are 3 buttons on your TV, to choose the options you should use the “+” and “-” buttons. As you can see, Sony TVs are a great choice for those who care about their convenience and entertainment. So if you wonder about getting a Sony TV, you can read the article to make your choice.