If your app doesn’t work correctly, the first thing you do is restart them. If that doesn’t help, the next step is to reboot the device on which the app is installed. However, in case both of the previous options didn’t change anything, don’t rush to reinstall it. There is one more thing that can help you get the performance of your app back to normal.
How important it is to clean TikTok cache
Clearing the cache is deleting all the data saved by your TikTok. When you download a video, you may have noticed that it doesn’t take a long time to load when you replay it. The point is that the content you’ve viewed is stored on your phone, thereby taking up a significant portion of the memory available to your device over time. Because of this feature, it is advisable to clean the TikTok cache regularly, because depending on the amount of memory on your phone, the performance of not only TikTok but also of other installed apps can suffer. If there is not enough memory, and you are often using TikTok, over time the cache will simply take up all the memory on the phone.
How to clean your TikTok cache
Fortunately, clearing the TikTok cache is a very simple process. In order to do it, you only need to perform a few simple actions:
- First, open the TikTok app.
- In the bottom right corner of the screen, click on the “I” icon.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Swipe the page down to “Clear Cache” and click on it.
After a while, the cache will be cleared, and you can go back to viewing your feed. If it doesn’t help you, then try to reinstall TikTok.
How to reinstall TikTok
If you want to reinstall TikTok, you can do it as follows:
- Locate the TikTok icon on your home screen or in the tab where you placed it.
- Press the icon and wait until a menu with available actions appears.
- Select the red label that says “Remove app”. The app will then be removed from your device.
- Go to the AppStore and enter TikTok in the search box.
- Select the app you want from the search options that appear under the search bar and go to its page in the AppStore.
- Click “get” and confirm the download by entering your password or with some other method of authentication on your iPhone.
What to do if it TikTok cannot be reinstalled
If you’re having trouble downloading this app, it may be due to:
- There is not enough memory on your iPhone. This may mean that the problem was not with the TikTok cache, but with another app installed on your phone. Check which other social networking program could be taking up so much memory with its cache. First, pay attention to the app you use most often.
- Maybe your operating system is outdated and the app actually just needed an update, which is not supported by your current operating system. Update your iOS and try installing the app again.
If there’s nothing wrong with the above issues, but you still cannot download this app, contact TikTok tech support, they should be able to help you.