Nowadays streaming services, platforms and devices are one of the most commonly used things. More and more people every day prefer to watch their favorite content whenever and wherever they want. That’s why users prefer the set-top boxes or just transferring the image to the bigger screen.
AirPlay is a great feature that’s provided by Apple. It’s available on iPhone, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV. It gives you a great opportunity when you want to watch something in a big company as it’s better to get the content transferred to a bigger screen of your TV, for example. However, sometimes, users face an issue that the AirPlay feature stops working, and get confused with solving the problem. Don’t worry, there’s a solution.
What’s the AirPlay feature on iPhone, Mac, and Apple TV
Apple’s known for its great care about its users. Developers offer many useful features and improve them with every update. Each iPhone, iPad, and Mac are convenient in use with a quite simple interface. They can be used for work, entertainment, and lectures also.
One of the best features that are offered by Apple is AirPlay. With it, the Apple system became interconnected. It gives you an opportunity to stream your favorite movies, videos, and TV shows with a few clicks. The feature is compatible with Smart TVs, like Roku, Apple TVs, and smart speakers.
With AirPlay you can transfer the content to a bigger screen to make it convenient to watch some series with your relatives or friends. However, sometimes some issues occur with the working of the feature. Don’t worry, there are solutions to this problem on each device, so you can enjoy spending your time with Apple AirPlay.
- How to use Airplay on Firestick
- How to get a Spectrum app on Apple TV
- How to fix can’t find Apple TV app on your Samsung TV
How to fix AirPlay isn’t working on iPhone or iPad
Most people prefer to use their iPhones or iPads to watch movies and TV shows, as they are portable, always with them, and convenient to use. That’s why, definitely when you suddenly decide to watch something with others, you’ll have your iPhone or iPad with you. However, it’s more convenient to watch the content on the bigger screen, that’s why the AirPlay feature is a great choice. In case you’ve faced some problems in using it, you should try to solve them by following the promotes which would be mentioned in the section below:
- Check if the device’s compatible with AirPlay. Before trying other more complicated methods, you should check in the list whether your device supports AirPlay. Maybe, you’d need to update the iOS.
- Check the WiFi. Your device and TV should be connected to the same WiFi network.
- Check the volume. You should make sure that the sound on both devices isn’t muted. To check it, you can lower and raise the volume.
- Try to reconnect the WiFi. To do that, you can enable the Airplane Mode and then disable it.
- Make sure that your OS has been updated to the latest version. For AirPlay 2, which gives you an opportunity to stream music to multiple audio devices at once, you need iOS 11.4 or later.
- Try to restart the iPhone. Sometimes after the restart, the bugs can be fixed.
This can help you to overcome the problem that AirPlay isn’t working. Since then, you’s be able to watch your favorite content with others. However, if you want to watch on your own, it’s possible even to connect your AirPods to different TVs, such as Vizio, Roku, Apple, etc.
How to fix AirPlay isn’t working on Mac
The same can be if you’re a Mac user. Usually, people often watch their favorite TV shows, movies, and series using their Mac at home. It’s convenient to watch on Mac streaming platforms such as Hulu, Netflix, ESPN, etc, especially when there are two people streaming. However, for a bigger amount of people, it’s better to stream the content from your TV. The AirPlay feature can help you with this. However, sometimes, you may face some issues with the efficient working of the feature on Mac. There’s nothing to worry about, as there are some methods to solve the problem:
- Try to reconnect the WiFi. To do that, you should click on the “WiFi” icon at the top of your screen, switch it off and wait for a minute, then, you should switch it on again.
- Make sure that your device for AirPlay isn’t blocked in the Firewall. Head to the System Preferences and if the Firewall is enabled, make sure that the “Block incoming connections” options aren’t checked.
- Make sure that your Mac is updated to the last version. You should have iTunes 12.8 or later or macOS Catalina for streaming audio for AirPlay 2 and macOS Mojave 10.14.5 or later if you’re streaming video.
- Try to restart your Mac. This can fix many bugs that can cause issues.
Since then, you’d be able to stream the content using the bigger screen. You’d be able to cast any content from your Mac to the TV and make the atmosphere like in the cinema to enjoy spending your time and having pleasure.
How to fix AirPlay isn’t working on Apple TV
AirPlay can give you an excellent viewing experience and let you be fully involved in the watching process. You’ll definitely enjoy watching your favorite movie using the AirPlay feature. However, sometimes there may be some difficulties in using it. For example, if the methods above didn’t work, the problem may be in the TV or speakers directly. If you want to solve them, you should try the methods below:
- Check whether the device is switched on and connected to the same WiFi as the other device.
- Make sure that the Apple TV runs the latest version. If you’re streaming audio from an Apple TV 4K or Apple TV HD, you should have tvOS 11.4 or later.
- Restart the device. This may help fix some bugs to let the device work properly.
Since then, you’d be able to watch the content and don’t worry that it wouldn’t be cast to the TV. You can invite your friends for a night movie or watch some comedies with your family to spend time together and experience good emotions.
- How to clear history on Apple TV
- How to turn on subtitles on Apple TV
- How to take screenshots on Apple TV
What to do if the problem is caused by the WiFi router
Sometimes, the problem may be hidden in unexpected places. For example, if you’ve checked all the methods and the AirPlay still didn’t start working, it means that the problem’s been caused by something else. In this case, you need to try to troubleshoot your router. So, to check whether the problem’s with the router, you should follow the prompts below:
Restart your device. Sometimes there may be cases when a simple restart can solve even the biggest issue.
Update the firmware of your router. If you’re a lucky user of a new router, it can be updated by the app. In case you’re an owner of an older router, you’d need to log into its web console.
Since then, AirPlay should start working in a proper way and continue to gift you with some pleasant emotions. The feature’s really excellent, as it can let you make a small cinema at home and spend some precious nights with your relatives and friends watching movies.