If you see the message “This person is unavailable on Messenger” when you try to communicate with someone, they may have blocked you. However, there’s a solution to fix it.
How to solve the ‘This person is unavailable on Messenger’ error
Communicating is much easier thanks to instant messaging. With just a few clicks or taps on your smartphone’s touch screen, you can send a message to anyone online, anytime, anywhere in the world. Facebook Messenger allows you to send messages to anyone you want to meet.
However, there are times when you may encounter some errors. Some users see this error message: “This person is unavailable on Messenger” in the Messenger app for iPhone and other mobile devices.
When you’re looking forward to a good conversation online or a possible closed deal on Facebook Marketplace, you’re frustrated when you’re interrupted by one error message after another. However, many people also encounter the same error in their Facebook Messenger. The good thing is that it happens for a reason, and you can take action to resolve the problem.
Well, here’s how to fix the “This person is unavailable on Messenger” error.
What does the ‘This person is unavailable on Messenger’ error mean
There are several reasons why you might see an error message on Facebook when you want to send a message to someone. These are possible cases:
- A user has deleted your conversation.
- This happens many times, intentionally or unintentionally. Some users accidentally delete a conversation in Messenger, so the other person can no longer send messages.
- A user has blocked you.
- There are many reasons why someone would block a person on Messenger. Keep in mind, however, that blocking a person on Messenger isn’t the same as blocking them on Facebook. If you have been blocked in Messenger, you can still ask the person to unblock you through Facebook. However, if you’ve been blocked on Facebook, you won’t be able to view the profile or send a request.
- Account deactivated.
- Once Facebook or a user has deleted or deactivated an account, you will no longer be able to access the profile or contact the person via Messenger.
- You have blocked the person.
- If you haven’t contacted the user for a long time and decide to send a message, you may have blocked the user before the error message appeared.
How to fix the “This person is unavailable on Messenger” error
The first thing you can try is to send the user a message request on Facebook. The user can accept the request and start a new conversation with you.
If that doesn’t work, try the following. Check to see whether you have blocked the user. To do this, follow these steps:
- Open Facebook Mesenger and enter the appropriate chat.
- Then, tap on the name of the chat, and you will be taken to the individual menu of chat settings.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and see the “Privacy and Support” section.
- After that, if you see the “Unblock” option, it means that you have blocked the user.
- If you see just “Block”, then leave it as it is.
After all, you can ask a friend to check the user account.
Not being available on Facebook Messenger could also mean that the user’s account has disappeared or been deactivated by the person for some reason. It could also be that the account was fake, and facebook detected and deleted it from its database.
There’s a possibility that the user has violated Facebook rules, such as spamming, posting violent material, adult material, etc. If several other accounts tell the user that they have violated the rules, Facebook can delete their account.
If a user has blocked you, you can view the account on a friend’s profile. You may be the only one who can’t view the account in question if you’ve been blocked. However, your friends can view it. That way, you can check to see if the user has actually blocked you.