For Samsung Smart TV, the Wi-Fi feature is one of the most important. This is quite obvious because, without the Wi-Fi option, the Smart TV will not be able to perform all functions. You can watch streaming services, install apps, and update the TV using Wi-Fi. So sometimes, it is important to manage the Wi-Fi settings, including if you need to forget the Wi-Fi network in order to connect to a new hotspot.
For many users, the need to forget the Wi-Fi network is because the TV can automatically connect to a different hotspot. In case you have a large house or a room with more than one Wi-Fi network, it is easier to forget the Wi-Fi network to avoid changing the network used in the settings. Also, you can disconnect and forget only one particular Network. Or completely reset the network settings and forget all the connection points recorded in the memory of your Smart TV.
What to do to forget a specific Wi-Fi network on Samsung TV?
This method is most convenient if you want to forget a particular hotspot. For example, if you have connected to a new Wi-Fi. That way, if you follow these steps, all other hotspots will remain on the list, and you can switch at any time. To forget a specific Wi-Fi network on Samsung TV:
- The first step to getting a specific Wi-Fi network on your Samsung TV is to press the Home button on the remote control.
- Then select Settings with the buttons on the remote control.
- Next, you must scroll down to the General tab and select it.
- Then select the desired Wi-Fi network from the list.
- You must click on “Network Settings” and select “Wireless.”
- Then select the desired Wi-Fi from the list.
- Scroll down and select Managed Saved Networks.
- Then select the desired network and click Delete.
After these steps, your Samsung TV will no longer be able to connect to this network automatically after powering on. To reconnect to this hotspot, you will need to enter a password. So make sure this is the network you need to forget.
What to do to perform a Network Reset on Samsung TV?
Resetting the network is a setting that not many people use. Because this option will reset all network connection settings. This will erase all existing networks on your Samsung TV. This function is necessary if you are selling your TV, in other cases, the steps from the previous section are sufficient. In order to perform a Network Reset on Samsung TV, you need the following:
- The first step to perform a Network Reset on Samsung TV is to press the Source button on the remote control.
- Then select the gear icon to go to the settings.
- After that, you need to go to the General tab using the arrows on the remote control.
- Next, you need to select Network.
- In the next step, you need to select Network Settings.
- Then you need to scroll down and press Reset Network.
- After that, you need to confirm your actions by clicking on YES.
Once you have selected Yes, you cannot return this. The reset process cannot be undone. Next, following these steps, you must follow the TV’s instructions.
What to do to connect Samsung TV to Wi-Fi?
Once you have reset all the network settings, you will need to connect your Samsung TV to a new Wi-Fi to use your TV fully. To connect Samsung TV to Wi-Fi, you need to follow these steps:
- The first step to connecting Samsung TV to Wi-Fi is to use the remote control to press Menu or Home.
- Then after that, tap on Settings from the list of apps.
- Then you need to go to the General tab.
- Next step, you need to select Network and click on Open Network Settings.
- Then you need to select Wireless in the list.
- You need to tap on one of the hotspots from the list and tap Ok.
- Then enter the password and click Done.
Thus, after these steps, you will have only your current network displayed in the Wi-Fi section. Whenever you turn on the TV, it will connect to this Wi-Fi (provided it works). Then you will be able to watch content on streaming services and install all necessary apps.