With the advent of streaming services and set-top boxes, conventional television begins to recede into the background. It is much faster and more convenient to use streaming services and immediately turn on your favorite shows, without a specific schedule. Also in streaming users have the ability to stop the program or watch it later in the recording. This is very convenient if you need to go somewhere, but you do not want to miss anything interesting.
Most of the world’s major movie, series, and even cartoon companies have switched to streaming. One of the most popular choices among streaming devices is Roku TV. With this device, you can easily find and watch almost all of your favorite shows. You can also install third-party applications on it. For example, if you like to watch Japanese anime shows, then the service Crunchyroll is ideal for you.
What is Crunchyroll
Crunchyroll is a service for streaming content from Japan. Many of the most popular anime shows are available for streaming. These will be available after one hour of broadcasting. In addition, there is an extensive catalog of anime shows. This is an absolutely free premium version for $7.99/month. Users will also have a 14-day free trial. This is available on many platforms, including Roku TV.
How to install Crunchyroll on Roku TV
Crunchyroll is available on multiple platforms. Of course, it’s also available in the Roku Channel Store. To install it on your device you need to follow these instructions:
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote control
- Highlight Streaming Channels using navigation keys
- Select Search Channels on the next screen to find Crunchyroll
- Enter “Crunchyroll“
- Select Crunchyroll from the list and press the OK button on your remote
- Press Add Channel to start downloading to Rock TV
- On the pop-up window, press OK and press Go to channel to open Crunchyroll
How to install Crunchyroll in Roku using the Roku Mobile App
If the usual method is too complicated for you, you can also install Crunchyroll via the mobile app. Of course, you have to install the Roku Mobile App first. Then follow these instructions:
- First, you need to connect your Roku TV to your smartphone via your home WIFI network
- Launch the Roku Mobile App
- Tap on Channels on the navigation bar available at the bottom
- Use the search bar and type in “Crunchyroll“
- Select Crunchyroll from the list and click Add Channel to download the program
- If you have a Roku PIN you will need to enter it before downloading
Also, note that it may take up to 24 hours for the Roku to add the correct channel to the Roku OS.
How to install Crunchyroll using the Website
If you’re logged into Roku via PC, you’ll have access to the official Roku website, you can also install Crunchyroll from there. To do this :
- Visit https://channelstore.roku.com/browse and log into your account
- Type “Crunchyroll” in the search box and then press Enter
- In the search results, select Crunchyroll
- Click on Add Channel to get it on your Roku TV
Also, note that it can take up to 24 hours for the system to add Crunchyroll to your Roku TV via this method.