With the release of the new generation of consoles, the old has not lost its relevance, many players still prefer to use their old devices. Nevertheless, people often have problems, especially with gamepads. One of the most common problems is the red indicator in your PS4 DualShock.
What does your PS4 controller red mean?
If the light on your DualShock has turned red, it may mean that it has a power problem. The most common defects are the following :
- An old or defective battery
- Damaged charging port on the gamepad itself
- Damaged charging cable.
- Loss of connection between the charging port and the battery.
How to solve this problem?
The first thing you should do is wipe down your cable with alcohol or any other cleaner. If that doesn’t help, the only solution is to replace that cable. If you’re sure that the cable is not the problem or replacing it doesn’t help, it is worth checking if there is a connection between the port and the battery.
Reboot your PS4 controller
Also rebooting your controller may help. To do this you need to.
- Turn off your gamepad by pressing the power button for 10 seconds.
- Remove the power cord from your gamepad for 10-20 seconds.
- Connect the DualShock via cable to your console.
- Turn on the gamepad and the PS4
Reset your PS4
The second thing you should try to reset your console, it may fix your gamepad.
- Press the power button on the front of the console
- Pull out the power cord and wait for 3-5 minutes.
- Plug the power back in.
- Turn on your game console using the gamepad
Reset your PS4 controller
If it is not the PS4, reconnecting your controller can help.
- Press the button on the back of the gamepad near L2.
- Use something small and sharp to push the button inside the hole.
- Hold it down for 5-10 seconds.
- Plug your controller back into the console and see if that solved the problem.
Start PS4 in safe mode.
The last proven way to fix DualShock on your own is to run the system in safe mode.
- Turn off your console.
- Press the power button for 10 seconds until you hear 2 beeps
- Connect your DualShock to your console by cable.
- Turn on your console with the gamepad.
If none of these methods could solve your problem, it may mean that your gamepad is broken.
Can you change the color of the DualShock?
The only way to change the color of the DualShock is to change the account, as different users on your console will show up in different colors. So player 1 will be blue, player 2 – red, player 3 – green and player 4 – yellow. You can change this color by logging into several accounts at once.
How to сhange the PS4 сontrollers color
- You will need to create 4 different PSN accounts
- Log in to one account and switch to the next account without logging out the previous one.
- Stay connected to all 4 accounts and switch between them until you find the gamepad color you want.
What do the controller colors mean?
- Player 1 is represented by blue
- Player 2 is represented by red.
- Player 3 is represented by green
- Player 4 is represented by yellow.
Also, some games can use the color of the gamepad for their own purposes. For example in shooters, low health is often represented by a red indicator on the gamepad, or for example in RockStar’s GTA 4, the indicator will blink blue and red when you are chased by cops.