Snapchat is a social networking application where you can share photos and videos with different animations. One of the basic concepts of Snapchat is that transmitted images and messages are available to the recipient only for a short time before becoming completely inaccessible.
The Amazon Kindle Fire has a huge, high-resolution display. It also has a high-definition camera that takes great pictures. That makes it easy for you to use Snapchat on your Amazon tablet. Since Amazon’s Fire OS is just an offshoot of Android, Snapchat should work on the Kindle Fire without a problem. But there’s a nuance: there is no Snapchat in the Amazon Appstore.
Anyway, if you want to download and install Snapchat on your Amazon Kindle Fire tablet, here is how to do this.
How to allow installation of unknown apps
You have to be aware that you can’t download Snapchat in a simple way. You’ll need to “sideload” the app. Sideloading is installing apps on a supported device without using the official app store. Amazon doesn’t allow third-party apps to be installed, so you will have to manually disable this prohibition. If you want to do so, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, swipe down from the top of the screen to open the Quick Access Toolbar.
- Then, open the “Settings” menu and navigate to “Device” or “Security”.
- Search for the “Allow Installation of Applications From Unknown Sources” option.
- Finally, switch the option on.
Once you have completed these steps, you can start to install the Android-supported apps on your Fire OS.
How to sideload the Snapchat app on Kindle Fire
If you allow apps to be downloaded from unknown sources, you can find and download a Snapchat APK file from any website on the Internet. Although, since there are a huge number of such sites, you should always check if the site is legitimate. As an example, you can use the verified SideLoadKindleFire website, but feel free to choose your own.
So, if you want to sideload the Snapchat app on your Kindle Fire, you have to follow these steps:
- Open the Silk browser on your Amazon Kindle Fire tablet.
- Navigate to the SideLoadKindleFire website and tap on the “Snapchat” tab at the top of the website.
- After that, scroll down and find the download link.
- You will find the download link under the “Download Snapchat Installation File” section. Tap on the download link.
- Then, tap on the “Download” button on the following page.
- Finally, select “OK” to confirm an installation.
How to install the Snapchat app on Kindle Fire
If you are ready to install the Snapchat app on your Amazon Kindle Fire tablet, you have to follow these steps:
- At first, launch the Silk browser on your device and tap on the “three lines” icon at the upper left corner of the screen.
- Navigate to the “Downloads” menu and tap on the “Snapchat APK” on the list.
- Select “Install” if needed.
- Wait for the application to install. You should receive a confirmation when the process is complete.
- Tap “Done” or “Open” if you want to run the app now.
Once you open the app, it should look just like it does on your Android tablet or smartphone. The app icon will appear in the apps menu and you can log in to your account right away. After that, you can start taking pictures, sending messages to your friends, and using the app as usual.