Just like other social media platforms, Twitter sets certain limits and recommended sizes for images. If you want to make sure that your photo keeps its original quality and doesn’t end up cropped in inappropriate areas, you do have to resize the image first.
Resizing your image before posting to social media is a very important step in preparing a high-quality post. If you skip this step, your image will be cropped and will not display properly on various devices. Social media platforms are constantly changing settings for optimal post sizes, so it’s important to keep up with the latest updates.
In the case of Twitter, the dimensions depend on the type of image you want to upload. There are different converters and online tools that you can use to resize your photo for Twitter. So, here’s how to make your pictures fit on Twitter.
How to make profile picture fit on Twitter
If you want to resize your photo to fit your Twitter profile, you can use the Paint application on your computer. You can also use other editors.
So, if you want to do resize your image for Twitter in Paint, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, open Paint application on your computer and upload an appropriate image.
- Click on the “Resize” option in the toolbar.
- In the “Resize and Skew” window uncheck the “Maintain aspect ratio” box.
- Enter “73” in both the “Horizontal” and “Vertical” box.
- Finally, click “OK”.
How to resize header picture for Twitter
Twitter headers are horizontal images that are placed on your profile, behind your profile picture. Given the size recommendations, you can choose from banner templates available online (e.g., on Canva or Hub Spot). On the other hand, if you want to resize an existing photo, you can use Free Image Resizer. Here’s how you can use it to resize your header:
- At first, go to the Free Image Resizer website and upload the picture you want to edit.
- Then, in the “Custom resize” section, change the “Width” to 1500px and “Height” to 500px.
- Finally, click “Download”.
How to resize images in Tweets
These types of images are ordinary pictures that people post in their Tweets. Their size may vary depending on the type of device used to view them. You can resize a photo in a stream without cropping it. You can find hundreds of image editors on the Internet. One of the best options for resizing images is Resizemyimg. To learn how to do this, you have to follow these steps:
- Go to the Resizemyimg website and upload the picture you want to edit.
- Click on the “Aspect ratio” button and select the recommended 16:9 ratio.
- Drag the outlines of the image to center it. You can also edit the quality, file size, and format, in the options below.
- After that, click on the “Download” button at the bottom of the screen.
How to make Twitter images accessible to visually impaired people
If you want to make your posts on Twitter accessible to visually impaired people, you have to follow these steps:
- Open Twitter on your smartphone.
- Then, tap on your profile picture and open “Settings and privacy”.
- Select “General”.
- After that, tap “Accessibility” toggle the switch next to “Compose image descriptions”.
You have also to be aware that this option is enabled by default on a computer.
After you have successfully enabled image descriptions on your phone, here’s how you can add them to your posts:
- Upload your image but don’t post it.
- Tap “Add description” at the bottom of the screen and enter the description in the box to explain what is on image.
- After that, tap “Apply” and select “Tweet”.