When you want to buy a monitor, most likely the first thing you pay attention to is that it has to be placed comfortably on your desktop in your room. It should not be too big, otherwise, your eyes will get tired and you will see pixels on the screen and the image will not seem clear to you, but it should not be too small either, because then you will not see some details when you watch it and you will have to strain to see them or position yourself closer to the monitor.
If you have already started to choose a brand and model of the monitor, you definitely need to pay attention to its dimensions, such as height, width, and thickness (depth). Obviously, the size of the monitor should not be the only factor in choosing a monitor, but once you have decided on the brand, screen type, and other parameters, the size of the monitor is something you should be thinking about now.
What is the dimension of the 27-inch monitor
There are three different dimensions you have to look at: the width (length of the monitor), the height (height of the monitor), and the depth (thickness of the monitor). Also, keep in mind that the monitor can be placed on a stand. If you want to use a stand, don’t forget to consider its size as well.
Furthermore, manufacturers are trying to make modern monitors almost frameless. Therefore, while in the past the size of the monitor depended not only on the size of the screen but also on the size of the frame, the size of the modern monitor is almost entirely dependent on the size of the screen only.
Now, let’s look at the average 27-inch monitor dimensions in inches:
- The 27-inch monitor width is 23.5 inches;
- The 27-inch monitor height is 13.2 inches without a stand. For the stand you can add around 2 or 3 inches;
- The depth of a modern 27 inch monitor varies from 1.5 to 2.5 inches;
- The average stand depth is around 6.5 inches.
Usually, dimensions of any object are written in WxHxD form, so for a 27-inch monitor they would look like:
- 23.5 x 13.2 x 2 without a stand;
- 23.5 x 15.2 x 6.5 with a stand.
What is the dimension of the 27-inch monitor in cm
If you want to know the dimension of the 27-inch monitor in cm, just read the following information:
- The 27-inch monitor width is 60 cm;
- The 27-inch monitor height is 33.6 cm without a stand. For the stand you can add around 5 or 8 cm;
- The depth of a modern 27-inch monitor varies from 2.5 to 5 cm;
- The average stand depth is around 15 cm.
W x H x D format looks like this:
- 60 x 33.6 x 3 without a stand;
- 60 x 39.6 x 15 with a stand.
You have also to be aware that the dimensions vary from monitor to monitor of different brands and models. Therefore, before you buy a monitor, check its exact size on the website of the manufacturer or in an electronics store.