Samsung TV offers a lot of different interesting features, including the ability to watch such a great streaming service as ESPN. If you are one of those people who like to watch sports content, you will be interested in using this application. ESPN is a service that provides sports content to its fans.
The ESPN Plus app is available on all Samsung Smart TVs since 2016. You can also stream it using Apple AirPlay on 2018+ models. Moreover, there’s also a way to stream ESPN content using Chromecast. All of this is easy to set up on your Samsung TV. So, here’s how you can do it in different ways.
How to install ESPN on Samsung TV
ESPN is among the top sports streaming services in 2022. So it’s not surprising that you want to install it and watch it on your Smart TV. Especially since you can watch it on multiple devices and not miss your favorite sports events.
Well, if you want to install ESPN Plus on your Samsung TV – follow these steps:
- First of all, you should sign up for ESPN Plus.
- Then turn on your Samsung TV and go to its Home screen.
- After that, open the Samsung TV app store and find the “ESPN Plus” app there.
- Next, select the “Add to Home” option to install the app.
- Once the installation process is completed, you can sign in to your ESPN Plus account using your credentials.
- Finally, just start streaming ESPN Plus content on your Samsung Smart TV.
Once you have completed these steps, you can enjoy your favorite ESPN content on your Samsung TV. In almost the same way, you can install the ESPN app on your Sony Smart TV.
How to watch ESPN on a Samsung TV via Chromecast
You can watch ESPN content not only via Smart TV but also using Chromecast. To do so, you can follow these instructions:
- Install the ESPN Plus app on your mobile device and sign in to your ESPN Plus account.
- Connect the Chromecast dongle to your Samsung TV using an HDMI input source.
- After that, ensure your mobile device and Chromecast use the same Wi-Fi network.
- Then, open the ESPN app on your mobile device and go to the ESPN Plus section.
- Tap on the AirPlay icon and select your Chromecast device from the list.
- Finally, select the content you want to watch, play it and enjoy.
In addition to ESPN Plus, Chromecast also supports popular streaming services such as Hulu, Disney Plus, Netflix, and others. So, you easily install their apps and enjoy your favorite content in the same way on your Samsung TV.
How to watch ESPN on a Samsung TV via Apple AirPlay
AirPlay is the ability to duplicate the screen display of a Mac or iOS gadget onto your TV that supports this feature. Although mirroring can be used for streaming video and audio files, some content may be restricted due to the risk of copyright infringement (you should always keep this in mind).
If you want to watch ESPN Plus on your Samsung TV via Apple Airplay, follow these steps:
- First, sign up for ESPN Plus.
- Then, download and install the ESPN Plus app on your iPhone or iPad.
- After that, open the app and sign in to your ESPN Plus account using your credentials.
- Next, you have to ensure that your Samsung TV is connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your iPhone or iPad.
- Now, find and start to play the content in the ESPN Plus app on your iOS device and tap on the AirPlay icon.
- Finally, just select your Samsung TV model from the list and it should start displaying the ESPN Plus content.
If you have Apple TV at home connected to your Samsung TV, you can add ESPN Plus app to it. In this case, you don’t need to install the app on your iPhone or iPad. The only thing you have to do is install it on your Apple TV.
- How to install ESPN app on Vizio TV
- Is there an ESPN+ app on LG Smart TV
- How to turn off ads on Samsung TV
How much will you pay for the ESPN Plus subscription?
I find ESPN’s streaming service subscription to be quite affordable. After all, for only $6.99 a month or $69.99 a year you get unlimited viewing of almost any sports-related content. In addition, as mentioned earlier, you can watch ESPN on multiple devices at once, and there is no limit to the number of such devices.
You also have the option to buy the Disney Bundle with Disney Plus, ESPN Plus, and Hulu (but with ads) at the same time for only $13.99 a month, which sounds like a great deal to me.