Wireless computer mice, in recent years, are gaining in popularity. After all, you don’t need to be constantly tied to a length of wire. If you don’t know how to connect a Bluetooth mouse to your Mac, there’s a solution.
What you need to know to connect a Bluetooth mouse to Mac
A mouse is a big part of how comfortable you’ll be at your PC. The more time you spend at your iMac or MacBook, the more you realize that comfort is your top priority, so connecting your favorite mouse to your Mac is the next logical step.
Nowadays, a wireless mouse is a useful and handy accessory. Considering that your desk is usually already catastrophically short of space, getting rid of unnecessary wires allows you to optimize your workflow. In addition, thanks to the absence of wires, you will feel freer.
So there are two basic types of wireless mice. Depending on which accessory you buy, depends on how it connects to your PC. For example, radio (RF) mice work through radio communication signals. This means you have to attach a USB adapter to your Mac to connect them. Make sure the mouse is turned on and in range. After that, you can get to work right away, because in this case, you don’t have to wait for synchronization.
How to connect a Bluetooth mouse to your Mac
If you want to connect a Bluetooth mouse to your Mac, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, turn on your wireless mouse and make sure it’s within range of your Mac. You may need to press a button to put the mouse in pairing mode, which depends on your mouse model.
- Then, click on the “Apple” icon in the top left corner of the screen and select “System Preferences”.
- After that, click on the “Bluetooth” icon and choose “Turn Bluetooth On”.
- Finaly, wait until the mouse appears in the list. Click on its icon or the word “Connect” to complete the pairing process.
Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to connect a Bluetooth mouse to your Mac.
What is an Apple Magic Mouse
Apple Magic Mouse is a wireless mouse from Apple. The history of its appearance began in 2009. The very first model was first released under the name Mighty Mouse, then it was renamed Apple Mouse. You can still buy it now in two types – wired and wireless.
During the whole time, this model received different reviews. Many have noted the main advantages:
- The presence of a special ball that allows scrolling on all sides.
- Stylish design that was absolutely unique and wasn’t seen in any other mouse at that time.
However, it also has some disadvantages:
- There’s a high risk of contamination of the model, and it cannot be cleaned yourself.
- The first version of the device runs on batteries, which need to be replaced periodically.
- Stylish design has been sacrificed instead of comfortable clicking – the mouse is often unable to distinguish between them.
- Price. The mouse is quite expensive, so many people prefer to take cheaper devices.
What software does the Apple Magic Mouse use
Magic Mouse requires Mac OS X versions newer. If you don’t have such software, you’ll have to download an update for the wireless mouse.
Another disadvantage can be considered incompatibility with Windows. The mouse cannot function with it, although perhaps a driver update will come out that will expand the capabilities of the device.
The new version of the mouse has no buttons other than left and right-click. Although, even they can be replaced if you use gestures.
The main disadvantage of the mouse, as well as the previous model, is that they’re very bad for video games – only for work, which for many is the main condition for the purchase of the device.