Instagram has been considered the most popular social network for several years. Using Instagram has already become commonplace. A large number of posts and stories are made every day. Although there are now projects that overtook Instagram in statistics in the last quarter, the latter still registers thousands of new users every day. When getting acquainted with the social network, many people have questions about its use. These can be all kinds of questions. For example, you want to post a story or make a regular post on your profile. Of course, you can upload a photo or video from your smartphone gallery. But what can you do if you want to take a photo or video using the Instagram app?
In this case, your smartphone must allow the Instagram app to use the camera. So, here is how to enable camera access on Instagram.
How to set the normal camera mode
If you want to turn on the camera mode in Instagram and start creating a story, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Then, swipe the main screen to the right or tap on the camera icon in top left corner of the screen to open camera.
- You can change the camera mode to the front camera or the main camera.
- Finally, just take a photo or video.
In any of the modes, you can take photos, take selfies, or record short videos. To take a photo, you should quickly press the big button at the bottom in the center. For video, it should be held. Then a pink bar will appear along the diameter of the button, which will show how many seconds have been recorded. You can apply different filters as you take the photo. In addition to the standard black and white, there are several others online that make the photo sharper or more blurry, distorting the color.
On Instagram, it is possible to take a photo and immediately send it as a publication in your profile. To do this, click on the square with a plus sign at the bottom of the screen in the special panel. It is located right in the center. Here you can also upload an already created photo from the gallery and record a video by selecting the corresponding tabs. The “Camera” tab opens as standard, but this can be changed in the application settings.
How to enable camera access on Instagram on iPhone
If you want to enable camera access on Instagram on your iPhone, you have to follow these steps:
- At first, open the “Settings” app on your iPhone and scroll down to the “Apps” section.
- Search for the Instagram app and tap on it.
- After that, toggle on the “Camera” in the list of permissions the Instagram app has.
Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to create a story and post it to your profile.
How to enable camera access on Instagram on Android device
If you want to enable camera access on Instagram on your Android device, you have to follow these steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your Android device and scroll down to the “Apps” section.
- Tap on it and find the Instagram app.
- Select it and tap “Permissions”.
- Tap “Camera”.
- After that, choose “Allow only while using the app”.
- Finally, do the same to the “Microphone”.
Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to record a new video or take a photo to post it on your Instagram Stories.