If you need to determine the IP of your Amazon Firestick, there’s nothing complicated about it. Your Amazon Firestick should be connected to the Internet or your home network. If you know the IP address of your device, it may allow you to do any kinds of hacks. Moreover, you don’t need to puzzle over the question of Firestick’s IP address, since you only need to follow simple steps to find it. If you haven’t updated your Firestick yet, the older interface (v22.214.171.124) requires a slightly different method for finding the IP address.
So, here is how to find your Amazon Firestick IP address.
What does IP address mean
An IP address is a unique address that identifies a device on the Internet or a local network. IP stands for “Internet Protocol,” a set of rules governing the format of data transmitted over the Internet or a local network. Essentially, an IP address is an identifier that allows information to be transmitted between devices on a network: it contains information about a device’s location and makes it available for communication. IP addresses distinguish between computers, routers, and websites on the Internet and are an important component of how the Internet works.
The IP works just like any other language. It transmits information using established rules. Devices detect other connected devices and exchange information with them using this protocol. Simply put, all computers, no matter where they are, can communicate with each other.
How to check IP address on Firestick with software version 126.96.36.199 and later
If you want to check the IP address of your Amazon Firestick with software version 188.8.131.52 and later, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, go to the “Home” screen and select “Settings”.
- Then, click “Ok”.
- After that, scroll to the “My Fire TV” option and select it.
- Click “About”.
- Finally, scroll down to the “Network” section and select it.
Once you have completed these steps, you will see the IP address on the right of the screen.
How to check IP address on Firestick with software version 184.108.40.206 and earlier
If you want to check the IP address of your Amazon Firestick with software version 220.127.116.11 and earlier, you have to follow these steps:
- Scroll down from the “Home” screen to open the “Settings” menu.
- Go right to “System” and click on it.
- After that, scroll down and select “About”.
- Finally, scroll down and select “Network”, where you find the IP address of your Firestick.
How to hide the IP address of Amazon Firestick
Hiding the IP address has several advantages. First, it allows you to use a different server and avoid excessive Internet traffic, which can improve buffering. Also, Firestick’s hidden IP address prevents ISPs from getting your information. Moreover, you will be able to access some geographically restricted material by spoofing your exact location. Either way, you’ll first need to download and install a VPN service.
As an example, you can use ExpressVPN, but you can choose any other VPN service that suits you best. So, follow these steps to hide the IP address:
- Navigate to the ExpressVPN official website or download an app.
- Sign up as a new user.
- Then, open the “Apps” menu on your Firestick and go to “Categories”.
- Click “Utility” and select an appropriate app.
- Press the “Get” button to download and install the ExpressVPN app.
- After installing, open the app and sign in.
- Finally, choose the server and enjoy.
Once you have completed these steps, you can just go to the “Home” menu and continue using your device as usual.