Wireless headphones are very dense in our lives, we use them on walks, at the gym, in the pool and even at home. Wireless headphones have many advantages: portability, convenience, and no extra wires. However, sometimes wireless headphones can cause problems when the headphones can’t pair with your device. Wired headphones, on the other hand, don’t require extra settings to get started. And that’s a tangible advantage.
Still, if you decide to use Sony Bluetooth speakers but don’t know how to connect them, this article will be helpful.
How to connect Sony headphones
Sony headphones can be divided into two types: Bluetooth-only and Bluetooth+NFC. NFC provides added convenience when you use Bluetooth headphones, but most people use Bluetooth-only headphones. Still, I’ll tell you how to connect your Sony headphones in both cases, but I’ll start with Bluetooth-only headphones.
How to connect Sony headphones via Bluetooth
Before you start pairing your headphones I recommend to reset your headphones’ Bluetooth connection. In this case, it would be easier to pair your Sony headphones. Now here’s a quick tutorial on how to pair your Sony headphones via Bluetooth:
- Turn off Sony headphones. To check this, look at the indicators. If they are not lit, it means that the headphones are turned off.
- Place the headphones next to the device. It is not necessary to hold them close to the device, but a distance of about 1 meter is recommended.
- Press and hold the power button on the headphones for about 10 seconds.
- After you release the button and the indicator light flashes on the headphones, it means they have entered pairing mode.
- Now take the device to which you want to connect your device.
- Open the Bluetooth menu and your Sony headphones should appear among the devices available for connection.
- Select the headphones from the list of devices.
- Wait for your device to pair with the headphones.
- If the device requires a password (and you haven’t changed it), use “0000” as default.
How to connect Sony headphones via NFC
You can connect your headphones via NFC only if both the headphones and your device have the NFC function. So make sure your device and your Sony headphones have NFC before using this way. To see if your Sony headphones support NFC you can look at them, the models that have NFC have an N-mark.
Once you are sure and everything is okay, then do the following:
- Take your device and activate the NFC function.
- Bring the device to the N-mark
- Then your device will ask you if you want to pair the device with headphones, select “Yes”.
- Congratulations, your headphones are ready to use.
Do you need to pair Sony Bluetooth headphones each time?
No, after you paired them once, you don’t have to do it again. However, you may need to repair your Sony headphones once again in the following cases:
- If factory reset your smartphone
- If you have manually deleted your Sony headphones from the list of Bluetooth-connected devices
As you understand, all of these cases are very unlikely, so once you once paired your Sony headphones, you no longer need to pair them every time you want to use headphones.
How do I put my Sony wireless headphones in pairing mode?
This is quite easy to do, it takes a few seconds.
All you have to do is press the power button and hold it for 10 seconds until the LED starts flashing.
When this happens, it means that your Sony headphones are in pairing mode and you can connect them to any device.
Sometimes Sony headphones (some specific models) may not have a power button that can be held down. In this case, they have a slider that you must turn on to activate the headphones. If they are not connected to any other device, then you will be able to find them in the list of available Bluetooth connections.
Why are my Sony headphones not connecting?
In fact, there could be many reasons. However, I can say that the most common one is because your Sony headphones are already connected to another device. In that case, simply unplug them and pair them with your device.
If you can’t access the device, then simply reset your headphones and then pair them with the device you need.
How do I make my Sony headphones discoverable?
This is similar to pairing your Sony headphones. Just hold down the power button (or move the slider) to see them in the list of Bluetooth devices. If you still don’t see your headphones after that, they may have run out of power. In that case, you just need to charge them up and try again.
How do I reset my Sony headphones?
To reset your Sony headphones, simply press the power button for 7-10 seconds. After that, the indicator light will start flashing, this will mean that your headphones are ready to connect to another device.