HBO Max allows its customers to watch a variety of content at any time. In addition, you can always go back to the content you were already watching thanks to the Continue Watching list. It’s a convenient feature that speeds up the process of content selection.
However, sometimes you may want to clear your watching history. No matter what is the reason. You can easily do it on your smartphone, through a web browser, and even on Smart TV. So, here’s how to clear the Continue Watching list on HBO Max on different devices.
How to clear Continue Watching on HBO Max through a web browser
To clear the Continue Watching list on HBO Max using a web browser – follow these steps:
- Log in to your HBO Max in the web browser.
- Next, you need to click on the account icon in the top-right corner.
- After that choose the Continue Watching in the menu.
- Click “Edit”.
- Then click on the “Remove” button on the content you want to remove from Continue Watching list.
- In case you want to delete all content from Continue Watching list, choose “Clear All”.
- To save changes, click “Done”.
You should also know that once you have removed the content from your watching history on HBO Max, you won’t be able to return it.
How to clear Continue Watching on HBO Max using a mobile device
If you want to clear the Continue Watching list on HBO Max using the app on your mobile device, you can follow these instructions:
- Open HBO Max on your smartphone or tablet.
- Then tap on your profile icon located in the bottom-right corner.
- Next, tap “Continue Watching”.
- After that, you need to tap on the “Edit”.
- Tap “X” in the top-right corner of the content poster that you want to remove.
- In case you want to remove all content from Continue Watching list, you can choose “Clear All”.
- Finally, tap “Done” to save the changes.
The steps described above work equally in the HBO Max app on iOS and Android devices.
How to clear Continue Watching on HBO Max using a Smart TV
Along with this, people quite often use HBO Max on a Smart TV. Because with this device it’s much more convenient to watch quality content on the big screen. To clear watching history on HBO Max on a Smart TV, follow these steps:
- Launch the HBO Max app on your Smart TV.
- After that, click on the icon with your name on the home page.
- Then you will see a menu on the right-hand side, you need to select “Continue Watching” from the list.
- At the top, click on “Edit”.
- Finally, you can choose “Clear all” or click “Remove” on each video.
If your goal is to clear your watching history on HBO Max so that someone else can’t see what content you’re watching on your Smart TV. You can log out from HBO Max on LG Smart TV at all so that no one has access to your account.
What is HBO Max?
HBO Max allows you to watch a lot of content. It includes the most popular original HBO programs with a huge catalog of blockbusters and TV shows. The streaming service will offer new exclusive movies, as HBO Max offers much more content than the current HBO Now offerings.
The HBO Max website and app are quite user-friendly. Thus, you have all the comforts in front of you so watching video content is the best experience for you.
All the content is divided into convenient categories and you can easily find content to watch. With the Continue Watching feature you don’t have to waste time looking for the right moment and rewinding. Also, an important point and advantage are that you can start several streams simultaneously with one HBO Max account.
- How to add HBO Max to your Roku – is HBO Max on Roku
- How to add HBO Max to Vizio Smart TV
- How to clear watching history on Disney Plus
How does Continue Watching work on HBO Max
HBO Max has a lot of users because it’s supported by many devices. You can watch HBO Max on Fire TV devices, Apple TV, Android TV, Chromecast, Samsung and LG, Xbox One, iOS, and Android devices.
However, because there are more than enough streaming services today, many people compare HBO Max with others to choose the best one. One of the most popular competitors is Netflix. People quite often compare to choose the best streaming service Netflix or HBO Max.
When you watch HBO Max content and leave a movie or show, the app prompts you to return to watch in the future and continue where you left off.
This is what the Continue Watching feature is for, this line is located on the home page. You can select content from this category when you decide to continue watching. In addition, this feature is synchronized across all your devices so you can continue watching on any device.
All shows, movies, and shows are saved in Continue Watching for 30 days, if you don’t continue watching during this period, the show will be removed from the list. So if you want to go back to watching after 30 days, you will have to find where you left off on your own.