Instagram stories are different from other types of content. At least because they are only visible for 24 hours (or even less if the author decides to delete it). That said, while most other media platforms are set up to motivate users to share content as often as possible, Instagram makes it a little more difficult.
Imagine a situation where you like someone’s story on Instagram and want to share it with friends. However, you may just not know how to do it. For example, my friends sometimes direct message me not a story, but a screenshot of a screen shot of the story.
How do I share someone’s story on my Instagram?
There are three different ways how you can share a story on Instagram:
- Share someone’s story to your story.
- Send someone’s story via direct messages.
- Share someone’s Instagram story to external source.
How to post someone’s else story to my story?
You can share someone else’s story in your own Story. First, it depends on whether or not the original creator marked you in his story. If you’re not tagged, there’s no official way to add a story to your story.
To share someone else’s story on which you have been tagged, you must do the following:
- Open Instagram and tap the paper airplane icon in the upper right corner.
- Tap the notification of the tag you received when you were tagged in the Story.
- Select ‘Add to Story’ and tap ‘Submit’ to publish it to your own story.
- Select any edits you want to add to the story and publish it.
How to send someone’s else story via direct messages?
If you’re not tagged, you can’t post a story to your story, but you can still send it to another user. Or you can send it to the Instagram group to show to your friends.
However, you can only share stories of accounts that set us public. If not, you won’t see the airplane icon.
To send a story to someone else, you must do the following:
- Select the story at the top of the screen.
- Tap the paper airplane icon to the right of the comment text box.
- Tap ‘Send’ next to the nickname of the user you want to share someone else’s story with.
How to send an Instagram story to an external source?
Sometimes people need to send someone’s story to an external app. This is also possible, and you need to do the following to do it:
- Tap on Instagram Story and click on the three vertical dots in the upper right corner.
- Tap on “Share with…”.
- Select the app and/or contact you want to send the link to.