GTA 5 is considered one of the most popular video games in the world. It is fascinating with its plot, the behavior of some characters, and other interesting things. In GTA 5 you have an opportunity to play as three main characters at once. You will discover them gradually as you go through the story. In addition, you have the opportunity to switch infinitely between these characters.
Sometimes this is done especially by the game because it’s provided by the plot. And at other times, you can do it yourself. However, many players often forget how to switch characters. This is because the keys and their combinations for interaction with the game are very much and of course difficult to remember. Well, let’s remember how to switch Trevor to Franklin in GTA 5 in a few easy steps.
How does the character change feature work in GTA 5?
The open-world action game GTA 5 is the quintessential Rockstar effort to improve the franchise. Everything Grand Theft Auto is loved for is bigger and cooler, but most importantly, the gameplay offers so much virtual entertainment that it surpasses real life. A new graphics engine is used, raising the quality of graphics and effects to the modern level. There’s an interesting story, a separate version for PC, and support for modifications.
GTA 5 takes place in an updated and improved version of the state of San Andreas, which first debuted in the game of the same name and offers a full set of locations: parks, forests, farm fields, deserted suburbs, coastal areas, caves, lakes and mountain hills. The territory can be traversed up and down, it’s inhabited not only by people but also by dangerous wild animals.
Because of the participation of 3 characters in the main plot, the developers had to implement the function of switching between characters. The option didn’t become a simple selection of items in the main menu but got interesting features and purpose.
- How to register as a CEO in GTA 5
- How to unlink Spotify from a PS4 account
- Why is your PS4 controller red and how to fix this
What is the main task of switching characters in GTA 5?
The main task of switching characters is to diversify the gameplay and show the lives of characters from different angles. Since there are three protagonists, it’s not possible to tell about them within the general quests. Switching between characters has several tasks, regardless of platform (PC, Xbox, or PS):
- Location changing.
- When switching to another character, the player will immediately find himself in his home or the place where the character usually spends his time.
- Changing the type of gameplay.
- Each protagonist has a unique personal vehicle, active skill, passive skills, appearance, and so on.
- Access to unique missions.
- Switching between protagonists is necessary to progress through the story. Some missions are blocked until a certain character completes a series of actions.
- Performing certain actions in a mission.
- When it comes to cooperative quests, solving tasks requires switching between characters. For example, Trevor controls the helicopter, Franklin shoots the sniper rifle, and Michael guards the transport. At certain points in the mission, you need to switch heroes.
- Control of secondary characters.
- In rare missions, you can switch to other characters. For example, Franklin’s dog.
The procedure of switching is implemented by the developers from Rockstar Games (who are saying that GTA 6 is on the way) extremely simple so that the player doesn’t complicate the gameplay and doesn’t waste a lot of time.
How to switch characters in GTA 5
There are four sections on the character change wheel. Three of these are occupied by story characters. The bottom section is empty by default. If you have previously created a hero in GTA Online, the fourth icon will appear in the Switch window. By selecting the bottom block of the wheel, you will start loading the online mode with a connection to the server. The story protagonists are incompatible with the character from the multiplayer game.
If you want to switch characters in GTA 5 on your PC, you have to follow these steps:
- At first, press and hold the “Alt” key on your keyboard.
- Now, use the directional keys or the mouse to highlight the character you want to switch to.
- Finally, release the “Alt” key.
Once you have completed these steps, you will switch the character in GTA 5.
If you want to switch characters in GTA 5 on your PlayStation, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, hold down the “Down” button on the D-Pad.
- Then, highlight the character you want to switch to using the right analog stick.
- Finally, release the “Down” button to switch characters.
Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to switch characters in GTA 5 on your PlayStation.
If you want to switch characters in GTA 5 on your Xbox, you have to follow these steps:
- Press and hold the “Down” button on the D-Pad of your Xbox controller.
- After that, choose the preferred character with the right analog stick.
- Next, release the “Down” button and choose the highlighted character.
Once you have completed these steps, you will be able to switch characters in GTA 5 on your Xbox.
Who are the main characters in GTA 5?
Michael is a former bank robber forced to return to crime because of family problems and debts. He suffers from alcoholism, ignores his past and present life, runs away from his problems, and tries to straighten his psyche with the help of a psychotherapist.
Franklin is at the beginning of the game a petty criminal and car thief. Later, an ambitious black gangster rose through the ranks of crime and lives a life of luxury. The defining character in the game’s ending.
Trevor studied to be a military pilot but was expelled due to mental instability. He used to rob banks with Michael, but after a failed robbery he went into hiding for a long time. He is an anarchist, drug addict, and alcoholic, who is used to partying until the end, which often leaves him in the middle of nowhere. He has a lot of enemies to deal with during the game.
Each of the trio has his elaborate history, motivation, and goals in life. Although their alliance is forced, they come together to pull off daring heists without sharing with other gangs or the police. You can switch between them at any moment, and at times it’s amusing as the characters live their lives.
- How to switch characters in GTA 5 on Xbox One
- What is Anti-Aliasing explained
- How Apex Legends ranked works explained
What is the character and plot in GTA Online?
The player can create a female or male character, which in Los Santos will be a newcomer without fame or money. Already at the start a lot of things are available, using which you can set the style for the character, but later on, more content is revealed, which will allow you to give maximum personality.
Formally, the action of GTA Online takes place half a year before the plot of GTA 5, but there are some inconsistencies. It’s recommended to go through the campaign to know the secondary characters who will give missions or trade with the player in multiplayer. The nice little things, like tennis, golf, or going to the casino and bangs, are retained.
Over time, you’ll be able to meet other players at your apartment or go to their homes to have fun and discuss plans for their criminal activities. Starting at a certain level you can start your bandit group. Then the player becomes the boss and can hire other players to protect themselves or perform other tasks. The organization is a game in a game, with its tasks and operations.