In a very short time, Tik Tok has become the most downloaded app for sharing and watching short videos and has gained enormous popularity around the world. The particular feature of Tik Tok is that absolutely everyone can become popular thanks to a special algorithm of recommendations in the main feed with videos.
If you are new to TikTok, you may not know that you can fill out your profile with all sorts of information. That way your subscribers can get more information about you. You can leave some information about yourself, insert links to your social media pages, and add your phone number. Furthermore, you can always change this information. For example, you have got a new phone number.
So, here is how to change your phone number in TikTok.
How to change phone number in TikTok
If you want to change your phone number in TikTok, you need to have access to your old and new numbers. The reason for this is that when you decide to make the change, you will be asked to enter a four-digit verification code. Therefore, it is necessary that both phone lines are active in order to receive the SMS message.
So, to change your phone number in TikTok, you have to follow these steps:
- First of all, open the TikTok app on your smartphone and sign in, if necessary.
- Then, tap on your profile icon in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Tap on the “three dots” icon to open the “Settings and Privacy” menu.
- Select the “Phone Number” option from the list.
- After that, you should receive the four-digit code as mentioned at the beginning. Tap “Send Code” and wait for an SMS.
- Copy the code from the “Messages” app and paste it to the field in the TikTok app.
- You will be asked to write a new phone number.
- Once you have written a new phone number, just tap “OK” and select “Send Code”.
- Now, repeat the action with a four-digit verification code.
Once you have completed these steps, your phone number will be changed to a new one.
How to add a phone number in TikTok
TikTok uses your phone number or email address to sign in. So, if you want to add a phone number to your TikTok account, you have to follow these steps:
- Open the TikTok app on your smartphone and sign in, if necessary.
- Go to your profile and tap on the “three dots” icon.
- Select “Manage Account” from the menu and navigate to the “Phone number” submenu.
- Just like the first time you log in, you just need to enter your phone number there. Don’t forget to add your country area code, your city without zero, and your phone number without 15.
- When you are finished, a dialog box will appear telling you that you need to verify your number and that you need to send a four-digit code by SMS. Tap on “Send Code”.
- Wait a few seconds until you get it, and then write it in the box.
If for some reason you were unable to add a phone number, you can try to contact the technical support of TikTok.