Sound is the second most important feature, after picture quality. If you want to get the best possible experience from watching content on your TV, then you are probably very interested in getting great sound.
Samsung Q-Symphony is a technology that, on a programmatic level, improves sound and enhances your experience.
What is Q Symphony?
Q-Symphony is an audio technology designed for high-end Samsung TVs that aims to improve your audio experience. It is software that allows you to create a more surround sound experience.
However, you should keep in mind that this feature is only available in some high-end Samsung TV models. Moreover, the function can only be active when a soundbar with Q Symphony support is connected.
In fact, when I first heard about this technology, I did not immediately understand how it works. However, it turned out to be much simpler than that.
To make a long story short, when you plug a soundbar into the TV, the TV speakers are turning off. This was because there was a problem on the hardware level, the fact that two different sound sources interfered with each other.
However, in 2020, Samsung was able to software synchronize the two sound sources. That is, Q Symphony is a technology that improves the sound quality by activating the built-in speakers and the soundbar in parallel. This creates more surround sound, making it richer. It’s especially cool if you’re watching movies with a lot of action and active soundtrack.
How to activate Samsung Q Symphony?
To use the Q Symphony feature, you should do the following:
- In order to use Q Symphony, you must have high-end TVs and a soundbar connected via HDMI or an optical cable.
- After that, your need to change the sound source to D.IN.
- To do this you need to press the “Source” button on the Samsung remote for 5-10 seconds.
- After D.IN appears on the screen, you should go to D.IN settings and choose ‘ Sound output’ and change it to ‘TV+Soundbar’
Samsung Q Symphony compatible TVs
List of TVs that have Q Symphony support:
- Q950TS & Q900TS
- Q850T & Q800T
Samsung Q Symphony compatible soundbars
Samsung Q Symphony is supported by the following soundbars:
- What is Samsung Crystal UHD TV? Should you buy Samsung Crystal UHD TV?
- How to enable Developer Mode on Samsung Smart TV
- Samsung QN90A vs Q90T: Why you definitely should buy the 2021 model?
You need to update this article as there are missing Samsung TVs and Soundbars (like the Q65A & AU9000 TVs and and Q600a Soundbars that also support this.